10.14.2011

October Birchbox

I'm seriously on such a beauty high right now, playing with all my samples!  They're starting to overflow their containers on my vanity.  And I now have 2 empty Birchboxes, any ideas on how I should recycle them?

Looks fairly unimpressive, but it certainly manages to pack a punch despite itself!  Here's what's inside:


01. AHAVA Cleansing Cream
A non-drying face cleanser.  I'm not going to lie, I kinda like the dry feeling I get from my regular cleanser.  Maybe it's just that I've been blessed with pretty balanced skin, but it never really turns into a problem except in the dead of winter, and I'd sacrifice some dryness for feeling for certain that my face is completely clean and oil-free.  I've tried plenty that left me still feeling like I had a film of oil left behind.  But of course I'll give this a try nonetheless, we'll see if it can compete with the Clean & Clear that I've been using since high school.





02. Laura Geller Spackle Primer
Even with all the sun exposure I get, I have never in my life managed to coax my skin into anything even remotely resembling bronze; the best I can hope for is a vague reddish tint that's darker than normal.  So I don't know how well this is going to go with my skin tone.  Regardless, I have actually never used a primer before (makeup newbie here, remember?), but the little test I did on the back of my hand with this product and a new eyeshadow I just picked up certainly had me impressed!



03. Orfluido Beauty Elixr
This little bottle is so pretty!!  It's a hair serum - a combination of argan, linseed, and Cyperus oils.  I imagine it will work similar to the Amika Obliphica serum I received in my very first box, and god knows I loved that stuff - not to mention I'm starting to run low, so good timing Birchbox!



04. Befine Lip Serum
Oh, man.  Count me fully on-board the serum bandwagon, because I love this stuff!!  I've only used it a few times already and it's totally awesome.  I love just how little you need to produce big results.



05. The Laundress Delicate Wash
A laundry detergent that's tough on stains but gentle on your delicates.  Nice timing, because I desperately need to do laundry, but given that I don't have much that I could actually classify as delicate, nor do I have a sense of smell to enjoy the fragrance once my clothes are clean, this isn't really going to do much for me.






So that's it!  Between this and my Target bag, I've just got too many samples and too little time!



Coming up tomorrow: Final review of September's Birchbox.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment