10.19.2011

Mascara Comparison


Maybelline Full 'N Soft has been my go-to mascara since sophomore year of high school; until receiving the recent samples in my Birchbox, I had tried very few other brands.  And before receiving said samples, it had also been quite some time before I had worn any makeup, period.  I was wowed the first time I used both the Anastasia and the blinc mascaras, but after comparing all 3 side by side, the results surprised me.


Bare lashes; as you can see, they are very pale and very short.

blinc mascara; definitely the least impressive of the 3, though it certainly seemed like it was adding a ton of length when I put it on.  But when looked at with the others, it's clear that it adds very little volume and comparatively mediocre length.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Lifting Mascara

Maybelline Full 'N Soft

 These two add much more volume and definition than the blinc; between them I'd say the Anastasia gives better results, but for the price difference, I think I'll have to stick with my Maybelline.  I may give another drugstore brand a try, just to start branching out and being a bit adventurous (there was a brand recommended by a Youtuber that I'd like to try), but there appears to be a reason I've stuck with the same brand for so long.  I may purchase the blinc simply for the novelty factor of the tubing, but I've got plenty of time until I save up enough Birchbox points, so I may find something in the meantime that I like better, and it won't be any big loss.

Next up: my first attempt at using nail strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment