6.21.2011

Where's My 12-Step Program?

At what point do you throw in the towel and admit that what was once a casual interest has spiraled into full-blown obsession?  Because I'm pretty sure I've hit that point with polish; as evidenced by the fact that I went into Walgreens with the intention of buying a soda and walked out with 6 bottles of nail polish.  Sigh.  I won't photograph them all, and I've just been playing with them on my nails, haven't actually applied any of them properly, but my haul consisted of:

  • Sinful Colors Quick Dry.  Affordable drying drops??  Who knew?!
  • Sinful Colors Summer Peach, a neon orange.  I was going to get the neon yellow from the same collection, but the salesgirl warned me that it doesn't turn out as bright on the nails as it looks in the bottle, so I passed.
  • Milani Jewel FX Gems, which is about as close to a dupe for the overpriced Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday as you can get without being totally identical.
  • Milani Jewel FX Gold, a simple large hexagonal gold glitter.  I plan on painting my nails with Ulta 14 Carat, then layering the Milani over a single accent nail.  Bling!
  • Sally Hansen HD Digital.  Whatever, it's pink and it was on sale for $1.99.
  • Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Sheer Strawberry.  On sale for $0.50 and I've been thinking about a pale pink jelly since seeing someone wearing a similar color this weekend.
If only I actually made the kind of money that would allow me to support this habit...as it is I'm struggling to pay rent every month, so constantly buying nail polish is not helping me out.  So here's my resolution:  I will stop buying and start blogging!  Because really, what's the point in having a nail blog if I just keep hoarding all this polish but never properly review any of it?  So my goal is to go through my entire current collection and review everything.  When I'm done, I'll give away what I don't want, and then I can start buying more if I feel like it.

...Just realizing that I have Ulta coupons, and my rewards points to spend.  ...Damn, this is going to be harder than I thought!  OK, maybe I can do some buying every once in awhile...if I have a really good reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment