3.28.2011

...In With the New

This is how long it's been since I shopped for makeup anywhere other than the drugstore:  I wandered around for a good ten minutes before I figured out where the nail polish section was - and that was only because I asked someone!  FAIL.  I saw small collections with other makeup from their respective brands, but I wasn't finding very much selection - until I asked, and was directed to the back of the store where there were three giant racks full of polish.  I AM VERY DUMB.
I of course got the staples:



Essie Matte About You and Orly Bonder (as voted best basecoat over at ALU).  I would've gone for the trifecta, but they were out of Seche Vite.  Actually I thought I did walk out with the trifecta, only to get home and discover that I'd actually bought Seche Base.  Sigh.  I'm off to a great start, huh?  I went back to exchange it, but they were sold out.  Also sold out of OPI Shatter, unsurprisingly.  The (extremely nice and helpful, for the record) saleswoman told me they get their new shipments in on Monday mornings, so I'll have to be back for those sometime.

Color-wise, I got these babies on the cheap:

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed (left) and Mellow Yellow (right).  So pretty!!  I got these specifically for a mani that I'm going to do when my friend is coming into town in a few weeks, and I'll be on "vacation" for a few days.  Also I'm excited to wear the yellow by itself - my sister did yellow nails last spring and I thought they looked absolutely adorable.

I didn't end up getting any OPI, but I did get two Essie shades, which I infer to be an equally high-quality brand:


Tart Deco (left) is going to be my work color, and I picked up Wicked (right) on a whim because it was apparently voted best dark polish by Allure magazine - at least I think that's what the sign said.  Whatever, I love dark colors.

And as a bonus, I also got distracted by these:



Fun!  And only a couple of bucks each.

I'll let you know how the Tart Deco mani goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment