3.22.2011

Out With the Old...

Off to Ulta later today, yay!  In the meantime, I sorted through what I do have to decide what to keep and what to toss.



This is what I've got supply-wise - a cheap cuticle stick, some old decals that I found in my sister's drawer, an even older nail file/buffer block, and then a cuticle cream and remover that are amazing.  The remover is a gel - you let it sit on your nail for about a minute, then wipe it right off!  So much less mess than liquid acetone remover.  I think I'm going to have a mental breakdown when this stuff runs out, because it's a Korean brand that I can't figure out how to get ahold of in the States.

Also the cuticle cream is just so pretty!


This is what I'm getting rid of:


The whites, as stated, are both runny and streaky.  The topcoats are so old I can't even remember when I got them - the pink one in the back is N.Y.C. like the others, I just have a nervous habit of peeling labels off of things.  The Petites Night isn't necessarily bad, it's just that I've found a far superior one and can never go back.  But we'll get there.

These two I'm keeping around on a trial basis:


The topcoat I will most likely keep for my toes - I don't really need high-quality topcoat for them, plus it's not a big deal if they get weakened (which I read that strengthening formulas can do - weird!) since I don't grow them out.  And the pinkish shade (You-Gurt Style) I actually adore, I just don't know how well it's held up over the years - it's showing definite signs of age, and I can't remember how well it applied the last time I used it, so I'll give it another go and decide then.

Which leaves me with:


3 Sally Hansen shades.  The Nail Prisms (Golden Cinnabar) is pretty old, but as far as I can recall still goes on well.  I hope my memory is correct, I adore that shade.  As I do the other two as well - the pink (Fuschia Bling Bling) is gorgeous, and the orange (Sunrise, Sunset) is really good for layering over other colors.


2 Sinful Colors (Silly Alix and Sharons Heart) that are very pretty - I also layer these alot too - and the e.l.f. (Light Red) which I am 99% certain I've never even used.  For shame!

And finally, the crowning glory:  my Skin Food polishes.


From front to back, that's BW705, BL 505, PK202, and RE108.  I don't know their English names.

These polishes were given to me as a going-away gift when I left Korea by my friend Jieun.  The school I was studying at gave us an opportunity to be a "conversation partner" to a few students and faculty to help them practice their English.  Jieun's English was already phenomenal, so essentially we'd just meet up in her dorm room and hang out.  Several times we'd get on the subject of nails, and painted our nails together, so I was extra touched that she got me a little nail kit - including the remover and cuticle cream in the first picture.

Hands-down, Skin Food is the best brand of nail polish I've ever used.  Especially for someone like me, who isn't necessarily the neatest and most precise person around.  They go on smooth, with just the right thickness, and the pigmentation is ridiculous.  I mean just one coat of the black is already almost completely opaque!  Had I used them before I left, I would have stocked up, but I didn't give these a try until I was back home, and I can't seem to find anywhere to buy them online (if you know, please tell me!).  I bemoaned this fact to Jieun, however, and she informed me that OPI is better.  HMMMM.  I'll believe that when I see it - namely, when I make my Ulta trip this afternoon!  Stay tuned tomorrow, I'll let you know what I walked away with.

No comments:

Post a Comment